Friday, May 04, 2007

Stratford Festival of Literature

Laurence Olivier, an actor frequently seen appearing at Stratford, was a great admirer of my father's play The Wit to Woo and had intended to produce the play which would have included in the cast, his then wife, Vivien Leigh. In the event other well known actors at the time were to play the characters from this humouresque piece of theatre.

The organisers of the Stratford-on-Avon Literary Festival have asked me to speak at their festival on Saturday, 29th September this year, with the exact time of the talk yet to be confirmed.

Apart from the biographical details of my father's life and work I will be displaying on screen for the first time previously unseen drawings of various characters and animals from some of the plays written by my father.

Further details from the organiser or from the festival website.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home