Saturday, September 01, 2007

A talk in Burpham


I will be giving an illustrated talk on my father on Thursday 4th October at the Burpham Country House hotel in Burpham, near Arundel, West Sussex. With both my parents and paternal grandparents buried in the 11th century Saxon churchyard nearby,
the setting for the event is particularly appropriate. Two of the cottages where we lived at various times both during the war and after are also within a few hundred yards of the hotel.

For further details contact the hotel via their email address info@burphamcountryhouse.com
or call 01903 882160

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Sebastian

Just discovered your blog and so sorry I missed this talk.

Of course you won't recall, but we actually met, at a Mervyn Peake Society meeting in Drayton Gardens presided over by your mother. I think this was in the early eighties.

I live in Sussex and have been a lover and advocate of your father's work for more than 35 years. Wonderfully, my daughter has just decided to focus on Mervyn's illustrations as her A level art 'personal investigation', so we're planning a visit very soon to the Beetle gallery.

I wondered if you could recommend any other places in the south east where we can find your father's original drawings?

Kind Regards, Ian

8:17 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry, just noticed this talk hasn't happened yet - thought the Sept 1 date related to the event! Hope to be there.

Ian

8:22 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home