Friday, December 12, 2008

The Life and Work of Mervyn Peake

Over 1300 people attended my 14th and final talk of 2008, at the Congress Theatre, Eastbourne, last Monday. On the vast screen behind me, were projected the many images of both my father's art and his life, and the reception following the talk was enthusiastic. Being the 40th anniversary of his death, it was a fitting location given that the audience was a large one, especially as some did not know his name.

Judging by reaction in the theatre, and the number of people coming up to the book stand afterwards, I hope there will now be a wider awareness of his art, at least in that part of Sussex. One member of the audience, who I noticed had a bag full of my father's books, whispered in an aside to me, 'of course the man was a total genius, you know'.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home